BLACK BEAN BURGERS

BLACK BEAN BURGERS

In the event that you've at any point attempted a dark bean burger, you presumably didn't care for it. In any event for me, each one that I've attempted I've been baffled. Up to this point! My companion Lauren over at Tastesbetterfromscratch.com instructed me to attempt these, and I'm so happy I did! I ridiculously cherish them. I eat them enclosed by lettuce (which I believe is delectable!).

The remainder of my fam demands buns, so I give them entire wheat buns. I likewise gone for this Chipotle Mayo. Alright disclaimer, it's locally acquired mayo. I believe it's almost difficult to discover mayo that isn't made with refined oils and one that doesn't have a million fixings. Regardless of whether it says "made with olive oil" it normally additionally has canola oil.

So… . since I once in a while have mayo, I got the Spectrum Organic Mayo with Olive Oil (Greek yogurt and different substitutes won't cut it for me). The burger will even now be incredible without the chipotle mayo or any mayo. Now and again avocados are okay.

This is an extraordinary choice for a meatless feast, or in the event that you simply need somewhat more fiber in your eating regimen. Or on the other hand in the event that you simply need an extremely tasty supper! What's more, recollect whether you have a major family like mine, you should need to twofold the formula!

BLACK BEAN BURGERS

Also try our recipe : SAUSAGE STUFFED PORTOBELLO MUSHROOMS

Ingredients :

  • For the Burger:
  • 1 (16 ounce) can black beans
  • 1/2 green bell pepper
  • 1/2 small onion
  • 2 cloves garlic, peeled
  • 1 egg, beaten
  • 2/3 cup whole wheat bread crumbs I use Plain Panko Bread Crumbs
  • Tbsp chili powder
  • 1 tsp cumin
  • Salt & Pepper, to taste
  • For the Chipotle Mayo Sauce:
  • 1 cup mayonnaise (I used the kind made with olive oil) like Spectrum Mayo
  • 2 chipotle Chilies in adobo sauce
  • 1 Tbsp adobo sauce
  • 2 tsp lime juice
  • Salt and pepper

Instructions :

  1. To make the Burger:
  2. Drain liquid from the canned black beans. Place beans in strainer and rinse with water. Pat dry with a paper towel. Place in a large bowl and mash well with a fork.
  3. Place the bell pepper, onion and garlic in a food processor and process until finely chopped/pureed. Transfer mixture to a fine strainer to remove the excess water. (Remove as much moisture as you can--if it's too wet, the burger wont hold together as well.)
  4. Add the strained vegetable mixture to the bowl with the black beans. Add the chili powder, cumin and salt and pepper and stir to combine. Add beaten egg and mix. Stir in bread crumbs. Form mixture into 4 patties.
  5. At this point you can choose to:
  6. Grill the burgers on a well oiled grill for about 4-5 minutes on each side.
  7. Bake them at 375 degrees F on a lightly oiled baking sheet, for 10 minutes on each side.
  8. Cook them on your stove using a grill pan, for 4-5 minutes on each side.
  9. Refrigerate them for later.
  10. Freeze them, covered, in a freezer ziplock bag for a quick weeknight dinner in the future.
  11. For the Chipotle Mayo Sauce:
  12. Add all the ingredients to a food processor or blender and puree until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
  13. Serve in a lettuce wrap or on a bun and add your favorite toppings. I like tomato and avocado!
Source : bit.ly/2I8WEsi


Read more our recipe : THE BEST KETO MEATLOAF MUFFINS

Post a Comment

0 Comments