These vegetarian Lemon Bars are made with a rich shortbread outside and loaded up with a simple Meyer lemon curd for the ideal sweet and harsh treat.
Other than seeing that they top off the produce passageways in pre-spring with their energetic yellowish orange shading, I didn't think a lot about them. In this way, being perpetually inquisitive, I chose to complete a little research. Meyer lemons, it turns out, are local to China and are believed to be a cross between an ordinary lemon and a mandarin orange that are somewhere down in shading and flavor. Better than ordinary lemons, a few people will eat Meyer lemons by the cut.
Furthermore, most intriguing of all, the organic product was acquainted with the United States in 1908 – the most recent year the Cubs won the World Series for the following 108 years making it the longest dry season in American Sports History, to be at long last broken November 3 2016 of every a standout amongst the most epic amusements in world arrangement history.
Also try our recipe : Healthy 3 Ingredient Paleo Dairy Free Fudge #dessert #paleo
- 1/2 cup vegan butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
Meyer Lemon Curd
- 1 12 oz package extra firm silken tofu, liquid drained
- 1/2 cup fresh Meyer lemon juice, 5-6 lemons
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
To make the crust
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8x8 square baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a stand-up mixer with the paddle attachment, beat the butter, sugar, and lemon zest together until smooth and creamy. Add flour and mix until well incorporated.
- Press the dough into the prepared pan and bake for 20 minutes until light golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool for at least 15 minutes.
To make the Lemon Curd
- In a food processor combine tofu, lemon juice, zest, and granulated sugar and process until smooth and creamy, scraping down the sides as necessary.
- Add the powdered sugar, cornstarch, and vanilla extract and process again until combined.
- Pour into cooled crust and bake for another 25-30 minutes until lemon curd has set.
- Let cool at room temperature for 20 minutes and then place in the refrigerator to cool all the way.
- Dust with powdered sugar or candied lemon slices just before serving.
Source : bit.ly/2VFSAaV
Read more our recipe : HEALTHY YOGURT OAT BLUEBERRY #cake #cupcakes