Spicy Shrimp with Cauliflower Mash and Garlic Kale #healthydinner #recipes #cauliflower #lunch #easy

Spicy Shrimp with Cauliflower Mash and Garlic Kale  #healthydinner #recipes #cauliflower #lunch #easy

This image totals up my life. Zesty, delicate sweet shrimp and smoky garlic kale over a heap of provincial rich cauliflower crush. I truly don't figure anything could make me more joyful at this moment.

This formula marvel came to me after just about ten days of straight up disregarding my kitchen. This is how I cause the formula enchantment to occur, see? Sluggishness has its advantages, as hot shrimp and cauliflower squash. First I was in the midst of a furlough, at that point I was worn out, at that point I was working my way through scraps… no lack of reasons for why I expected to lay on the sofa and preoccupied look through Instagram rather than ACTUALLY MAKING FOOD.

However, tragic day since look what sort of rich shrimp wonder I was passing up.

At the point when the minute came where the remains ran out and the general population at the assume and-heat pizza position were beginning to ponder and I really needed to begin cooking again so as to bolster my eager face, I snatched the closest Cooking Light magazine that my relative had dropped off a week ago (I am the ruler of recycled sustenance magazines, on the off chance that you're hoping to dispose of a few) and discovered this jewel of a formula concealed in it.

Spicy Shrimp with Cauliflower Mash and Garlic Kale  #healthydinner #recipes #cauliflower #lunch #easy

Also try our recipe : AUTHENTIC GREEK TZATZIKI #dinner #healthyrecipes #easy #yummy #eat

INGREDIENTS

for the cauliflower mash

  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 head cauliflower, cut into small florets (about 6 cups)
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 cup milk
  • 3 cups vegetable or chicken broth
  • 1 14-ounce can white beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1/2 cup cornmeal
  • 1/2 cup shredded cheese, like sharp cheddar or havarti
  • 1 teaspoon salt

for the kale
  • 1 tablespoon bacon fat
  • 1 package kalettes, if you can find them! OR 3 cups chopped kale
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced

for the shrimp

  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 lb. shrimp (enough for 4 people)
  • a few good shakes of garlic salt, chili powder, cayenne, and/or black pepper

INSTRUCTIONS

  1. For the cauliflower: Heat the olive oil in a large soup pot. Add the cauliflower and garlic. Saute for a minute or two, until the garlic is really fragrant. Add the milk and 2 cups broth. Simmer for 10 minutes or until soft. Add the white beans and mash roughly with the back of a large wooden spoon – I loved the rustic, chunky texture of this. Stir in the cornmeal and things will start to thicken a bit. Adjust the consistency by adding in the last cup of broth as needed. Stir in the salt and cheese and season to taste.
  2. For the kale: Heat the bacon fat in a nonstick skillet over medium low heat. Add the greens and garlic and saute until softened. For the kalettes, I added a little water at the end to sort of steam them to finish them off. Remove kale and wipe out pan with a paper towel.
  3. For the shrimp: In the same skillet, add the oil over medium heat. Pat the shrimp dry. Add to the pan and sprinkle with seasonings to taste. Cook for just a few minutes and then add a quick splash of water or broth to the pan (about 2 tablespoons) to pull the browned bits and spices into something of a saucy-coating for the shrimp. It’s delicious.
  4. Serve the shrimp and kale over a big pile of cauliflower mash! SO yummy.
Source : bit.ly/2RSeMt7


Post a Comment

0 Comments