This simple to make Creamy Coconut Lentil Curry is a solid veggie lover formula that makes an ideal meatless Monday supper formula. It takes not exactly 60 minutes (for the most part hands-off time) to make and is stuffed brimming with delightful Indian flavors. Cause additional items and you'll to have a mammoth grin all over at lunch the following day.
It's July! It's mid year! It's the period of BBQ and no cook plans! What's more, here I am, sharing a coconut lentil curry formula with you. State whaaaaa??!!
You folks, this is the thing that boss curry dreams are made of. For reals. I'm talking one pot and not exactly an hour till you're in coconut lentil curry HEAVEN!
I couldn't care less how hot it is outside, it's dependably a decent time for a bowl of hot curry. That is to say, it's stinkin' hot in India and peeps eat curry there constantly. They should be onto something.
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon each: cumin seeds and coriander seeds
- 1 head of garlic, chopped (10–12 cloves)
- 1 – 28-ounce can of crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons ginger, chopped
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 cup dried brown lentils
- Optional: 1-2 teaspoons cayenne powder
- 1 – 15-ounce can coconut milk
- A few handfuls of cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- Heat the coconut oil in a large pot or skillet over medium-high heat. Add the cumin and coriander seeds and toast until they start to brown, about 45 seconds. Add the garlic to the pot and let it brown, about 2 minutes.
- Add the can of crushed tomatoes, ginger, turmeric, and sea salt to the pot and cook, stirring the pot a few times, for 5 minutes. Add the lentils and, if using, the cayenne powder, and 3 cups of water to the pot and bring it to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover the pot, and let it simmer for 35-40 minutes, or until the lentils are soft. Stir the pot a few times to prevent the lentils from sticking to the bottom. If the curry starts to look dry, add an extra 1/2 – 1 cup of water.
- Once the lentils are soft, add the coconut milk and cherry tomatoes and bring the pot back to a simmer. Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the cilantro.
Source : bit.ly/2Z3SRS6
Read more our recipe : SHEET PAN CAULIFLOWER FAJITAS #fajitas #cauliflower #vegan #vegetables #recipes